Join Us as a Chorale Member
The Everett Chorale is holding three events in late summer and early September for singers who might be interested in joining the Everett Chorale for the 2018-19 concert season. Check us out! We’d love to have you join us!!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in one or all of these opportunities so we have your email address.
Check out our flyer for more details!
Audition and Singer Commitment Information
There are two primary requirements for successful membership in the Everett Chorale: a basic level of musical aptitude as determined by an audition and a commitment to individual work as needed to keep musical pace with the Chorale's weekly progress.
AUDITION: The audition consists of a one-on-one 10-minute session with the director to determine their basic capability and musical orientation. No solo music is necessary. Our director, Jennifer Rodgers, will vocalize you through your entire range, conduct a sight-singing and rhythm assessment, and perhaps have you sing a familiar melody or repeat some sequences of notes. Having any difficulty with this does not necessarily mean you are disqualified but does give the director important information about the collection of voices in the Chorale.
Auditions may be scheduled by contacting the director, Jennifer Rodgers, at email@example.com and will be coordinated around the first rehearsals of each quarter.
SINGER COMMITMENT: Members of the Chorale commit to putting in individual rehearsal time as needed to retain progress made in weekly rehearsal and to establish a foundation of notes and rhythms on some pieces. This work will vary from week to week and from concert to concert, but is a fundamental mindset for successful members.
Current and new members may enroll at the Enrollment Services Office in Jackson Center on campus, or online using the Everett Community College website. (Enrollment Services is unable to accept phone registrations.)
Steps to Enroll Online
- Go to the Everett Chorale section of the EvCC website: EvCC Continuing Education
- Click on the Add to Cart button
- Go to your shopping cart, click on the "check out" button
- Follow the instructions to create an on-line account. Even if you are a returning member, you will need to do this. NOTE: Your USERNAME and PASSWORD are NOT your Student ID and Date of Birth.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming that you have created an on-line account. Once you have created an on-line account, you will be sent back to your shopping cart. Click on the "check out" button.
- Follow the steps for payment. You will receive an e-mail confirming payment for the course.
- Close out of your browser window or click SIGN OUT at the top of the page.
You can also register here after Everett Community College enrollment ends.